08 February 2010

An apology is a good way to have the last word


I'm sorry I hurt you
I didn't mean to
I'm sorry I hurt you,
I regret it, I do.

What I did, I regret
So lets make up and forget.

True love (friendship) is a gift
Precious and rare
Which we oft take for granted
Bringing forth a despair

Our fault is being human
Mistakes are everywhere
Let's not put our gift
Beyond repair

I'm feeling bad, I regret it
I'm overflowing with sorrow
If you can't forgive me today
May I hope for tomorrow?


I'm sorry that I'm not perfect
I'm sorry for the tears that you cried
I'm sorry for the pain I caused
I'm sorry that lied

I’m sorry for not being there when I said I would
I’m sorry I made you feel blue
I’m sorry for always doing the wrong thing
I'm sorry that I failed you

But I can't help being me.
I’m sorry...what more can I say
(I'm sorry...what more can I do)
Except I will try harder
Today, and every day

No comments:

Post a Comment